1. Plant potatoes in bags. I am using regular yard bags, with holes at the bottom for drainage. I may have to wrap them in chicken wire to keep my new destructive puppy from mauling them down.
2. Put 2×4 studs around my beds. And wrap chicken wire around them to keep my new destructive puppy from digging everything out. I was inspired to do this by my destructive puppy -Lexie and by a post on Karl’s Garden Blog.
3. Prepare the garden plot in backyard. Clean weeds, add compost, add fence to keep my new destructive puppy from digging everything out.
4. Add dirt and water and plants to all self-watering containers. And, , figure out how to keep my new destructive puppy from thinking that these are her new chew-toys.
5. Sow my Irish Eyes sunflowers that will go in front yard. I did not want to start them too soon.
6. Prepare flower bed in front yard. I got most of it done last Fall but it still needs compost.
7. Plant white onion, Apache salad onion, and carrot seedlings in beds. Sow radish.
I am also very excited that my friend Tim has agreed to help me build my greenhouse made from second hand windows. It is just an idea so far but with Tim’s help I may actually get it built.